At times the above mentioned steps do not work as Outlook can only show contacts from your Contacts folder(s) in the Address Book when the Outlook Address Book Service has been added to your mail profile
- Click People or Contacts in Outlook
- Right click for the new folder you are syncing your Salesforce contacts into and, choose Properties tab-> Outlook Address Book-> select option “Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book”.
- Close Salesforce for Outlook plug in and Outlook, and reopen them to see the new contacts sync folder in the Global Address Book in Outlook.
You can add this service in the following way.
Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013
File-> Account Settings-> Account Settings…-> tab Address Books
Tools-> Account Settings…-> tab Address Books
The Address book service should now be added to Outlook
- If the Outlook Address Book service is added already, you should mark your Contacts folder as an Outlook Address Book.
- If the Outlook Address Book service has not been added yet, press the New… or Add… button.
- Select “Additional Address Books” and click Next.
- Choose “Outlook Address Book” and click Next.
- You’ll be prompted that you must close and restart Outlook for changes to take effect.
- Press OK and close and restart Outlook.