How can I change the “Api Only User” Profile permission using Data Loader?
|Knowledge Article Number||000206582|
|Description||If a user is able to login to salesforce but is getting the “Insufficient Privileges” after login, the permission “Api Only User” is possibly enabled in the user’s profile. To disable the permission, contact your company’s salesforce system administrator.
If there are no other users who can edit Profile permissions in your org, you can use Data loader to update profile permissions.
|Resolution||1. Create a .csv file that contains one column for the Profile ID and one column for the Api Only User permission. NOTE: Profile ID has an 18-character code that begins with 00e9 and Api Only User permission can only be True or False.
2. Use Data Loader to update the Profile permission. After logging in to Data Loader, click Update button.
3. Tick the “Show all Salesforce objects” checkbox and select Profile. Click Next after choosing the .csv file created at step 1.
4. Click Create or Edit a Map
5. Map Profile ID and the Permission Api Only User to the fields you have in the .csv file. Click Ok.
6. Click Next and then Browse... to select the directory where the success and error files should be saved, then click "Finish".
7. When a pop appears asking you to proceed, click Yes.