How do I mass update record types using Data Import Wizard?
|Knowledge Article Number||000212111|
|Description||Customer wants to update Contact records and assign them to correct Record Type.|
To mass update record types for multiple records using Data Import Wizard, follow the instructions below:In order to export Contact records along with their Salesforce Id's, do the following.
1. Go to Reports tab and choose New Report
2. Under Accounts and Contacts select Contacts and Accounts
3. Click Create button.
4. Under FILTERS click ADD and specify the below mentioned criteria and press OK
a. Contact Name equals <specific Contact Name>(If applicable)
5. Under SHOW choose ALL ACCOUNTS
6. Under RANGE choose ALL TIME
7. Ensure that you add 'Id' and 'Contact Record Type' fields from the left panel.
8. Once your report is ready, hit RUN REPORT
9. Click EXPORT DETAILS and click EXPORT after choosing CSV format type.
Once you have the Id's for Contact records and the Record Type, we need to update that CSV to update the records.
In salesforce go to Customize >> Contact >> Record Type >> Click on the record type name that you wish to apply to your records.
Now copy the 15 character Alpha Numeric ID from the Address bar after "id=".
1. Go to Setup