Console doesn't respect the "pinned list" setting for one single User and opens the tab overriding the list
|Knowledge Article Number||000212590|
|Description||We are using the Console and we have configured a pinned list on the left-hand side of it. Some Users are reporting that when opening a Record the list disappears and it's overridden by the record even when it shouldn't happen.
This happens in any browser. Some Users with the same Profile and permissions are not seeing the same behavior.
|Resolution||We have seen isolated occurrences of this issue. This behavior can be corrected by following these steps:
1. Log in as the System Administrator.After following these steps the affected User will see the list view pinned again.
2. Go to the App Settings (Setup - Create - Apps and click Edit on the Console App) and modify, temporarily, the List Placement Settings from "Pinned to left. Lists are always visible." to "Full screen, unpinned. Lists are visible only when the navigation tab is selected".
3. Log out.
4. Log in as the affected User.
5. Access the Console.
6. Log out.
7. Log in again as the System Administrator.
8. Revert the List Placement Settings from the Console App from "Full screen, unpinned. Lists are visible only when the navigation tab is selected" to "Pinned to left. Lists are always visible."
Unfortunately Support has been unable to identify a root cause of the issue so far because the occurrences are very rare and we don't know how to get to this state, at the moment we just know how to fix it as described above. If you're able to get to this state at will please contact Salesforce Support and create a Case with the steps to cause the unexpected behavior. We would be more than happy to investigate further once we have a way to reproduce this.