Error when installing the Chatter Desktop - Installer Damaged
|Knowledge Article Number||000212910|
|Description||When installing Chatter Desktop, the installer may throw the following error message
Sorry, an error has occurred.
The application could not be installed because the installer file is damaged. Try obtaining a new installer file from the application author.
Make sure your system meets the minimum system requirements for installing Chatter Desktop
|Resolution||To resolve this error message and successfully install Chatter Desktop, you can try the following
- Closing all your browsers and try again
- Set your Windows UAC (User Account Control) to Never Notify and try again (Turn off UAC)
- Delete all the cached files and try again
Simply close all your browsers and applications. Either try a different browser if you have another one installed such as Firefox or Google Chrome and login to Salesforce and try to install the Chatter Desktop.
You can also try the steps below
Next follow below steps:
1. Uninstall Adobe AIR from Start | Control Panel | Programs | Programs and Features (if installed)
2. Next, click on Start and type in %appdata% and press Enter. This will open the Roaming folder and you should see the folder path on top as Your username > „AppData > Roaming
In the AppData | Roaming folder, check for the following folders and delete them if they exist:
sfdc-desktop.<some alpha numeric characters>
See the screen shot below
3. In the Roaming folder, look for a folder called Adobe and double click on it. Inside the Adobe folder, look for a folder called AIR, if it exist, select it and Delete it
4.Last folder you need to remove is C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe AIR
5. Download and install the latest Adobe AIR from the Adobe's web site HERE:
Direct URL : http://get.adobe.com/air/
* You can try saving your downloaded file and then run it as Administrator using the right click and selecting run as administrator option. You can always reach out to your Internal Help Desk team and ask them for assistance
6. Now you are ready to login to Salesforce and install the Chatter Desktop. Please see the Install Chatter Desktop article