Configure FTP based tracking in Marketing Cloud Microsoft Dynamic CRM
|Knowledge Article Number||000213004|
This guide outlines how to enable FTP based tracking in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Version 4 integration. This should help if you're seeing frequent time outs with SOAP based tracking in your connector logs.
1. Identify a file naming pattern to use, this must contain date substitution strings. For example:
2. Identify a time of day to import this data in the MSCRM environment. For large tracking volumes, this should be a period of low activity in their MSCRM and MSCRM SQL environments.
3. Using Manage, provision the "MSCRMStatsData (.zip)" Data Extract Type for the Marketing Cloud account.
4. Access the Marketing Cloud account's Interactions tab.
5. Create a Data Extract Activity using the Extract Type from #3 and a Rolling Range of 1 day, check all boxes that correspond to the desired tracking data. Name this Data Extract "Automated MSCRM Tracking Data Extract." The File Naming Pattern should be that identified in #1.
6. Create a Data Extract Activity using the Extract Type from #3 and a Specific Range with a range where Tracking data is available for the account. Check all boxes that correspond to the desired tracking data. Name this Data Extract "Manual MSCRM Tracking Data Extract." The File Naming Pattern should be that identified in #1.
7. Create a File Transfer Activity with the File Naming Pattern identified in #1 and targeting the Marketing Cloud Enhanced FTP Export Directory File Transfer Location. Name this File Transfer "MSCRM Tracking File Transfer."
8. Create a Program named "Automated MSCRM Tracking Program." It should have two steps, the first containing the Data Extract from #5 and the File Transfer from #7. Configure this Program to run at least 1 hour in advance of the time identified in #2.
9. Create a Program named "Manual MSCRM Tracking Program." It should have two steps, the first containing the Data Extract from #6 and the File Transfer from #7. Run this Program once.
10. Confirm the Program occurrence in #9 places a file on the Enhanced FTP's export folder.
11. Work with the MSCRM Admin to update the Connector Services settings via the Marketing Cloud Configuration Editor's Data Extract Import tab as follows:
12. Restart the Connector Service.
13. After approximately 1 hour, confirm the file from the Enhanced FTP was imported. The Connector Logs are the best location to confirm this.
14. If this proceeded as expected, update the "Run Import ever 1 day(s) at" setting to be the time identified in #2 above.
15. Restart the Connector Service.
16. Start the Program from #8 to begin running tomorrow at the scheduled time (at least one hour in advance of the time identified in #2).