The topics should be associated with existing data categories, so that it appears in the appropriate topics in the community.
To ensure that articles appear in the community, set data category visibility at the profile level for each category you associate with a topic.
Here are the steps:
- Create a Community with any template e.g. Napili Template (Make sure you have articles created)
- Click Customize | Communities | All Communities| "Manage" beside Community name.
- Click on “Community Management” at the top right below the login name
- Click on “Topics” at the left
- Go to Navigational topics and you will find 'Articles Topic'
- Click on it and you will have an option to add the category
- Associate articles to the Community by clicking on “Add Articles and Close window”
- Once the Articles are associated with topics you can view articles in the community under featured topics
Editing Category Group Visibility
Modifying Default Data Category Visibility
Unable to open Article Detail Page in Community Builder