Enabling Collaborative Forecasting for your Organization
|Knowledge Article Number||000213289|
|Description||Available in: Professional (no Opportunity Splits or Custom Field forecasts), Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions
In the event your Organization would like to move to Collaborative Forecasting it's best to understand how the feature works and any implications that may arise. Therefore, we recommend first reviewing the following information prior to requesting this feature:
Planning Your Migration from Customizable Forecasting to Collaborative Forecasts
Collaborative Forecasts Overview
|Resolution||If, after reviewing all necessary documentation you find your organization would still like to proceed, please take the following steps:
NOTE: Under certain circumstances this can be a multi-step activation, so it's best to be prepared for Support to potentially reach back out and request your assistance or additional action.
Also please note that Collaborative forecasting at the moment is not compatible with Customizable Forecasting and Territory Management. Hence, if you are using them we will need to disable the features prior the activation of Collaborative forecasting. Please note that deactivating these features can cause data loss. If you would still like to proceed, please review and confirm on the case creation the following items:
1. I understand that I will not be able to use Territory Management 1.0 in the specified <Sandbox-or-Production> org while the new Collaborative Forecasting feature is enabled. If you are using
Territory Management 1.0 at this time, it is not currently possible to migrate to the new Collaborative Forecasting until Territory Management 1.0 is disabled.
2. I understand that I will not be able to use Custom Fiscal Years in the specified <Sandbox-or-Production> org while the new Forecasts feature is enabled. If you are using Custom Fiscal
Years at this time, it is not currently possible to migrate to the new Forecasts. (Will be available in Spring 16, See note below)
3. I understand that I will not be able to use the old Customizable Forecasting feature in the specified <Sandbox-or-Production> org while the new Collaborative Forecasting feature is enabled.
4. I understand that Forecasting Overrides from the Customizable Forecasting feature will be purged and will not be migrated to the new Collaborative Forecasting. I will plan my cutover
5. I understand that Forecast History will be purged and will not be migrated to the new Forecasts. I understand that I can export the “Forecast History” report and/or other Forecast reports
prior to cutover.
6. I understand that Quotas will be purged and will not be migrated to the new Forecasts. I understand that I can export “Quota vs. Actual” report prior to cutover.
7. I understand that the Forecast Hierarchy will be preserved, i.e. remain as it was prior to cutover.
8. I understand that Custom Fiscal Years are not currently compatible with Collaborative Forecasts (Will be available for orgs on Spring 16)
NOTE: As of Spring 16', businesses that use Custom Fiscal Years can now use Collaborative Forecasts. For companies that break down their fiscal years, quarters, and weeks into custom fiscal periods based on their financial planning requirements, Salesforce allows you to flexibly define these periods using custom fiscal years. Collaborative Forecasts can now calculate expected revenue for your custom fiscal periods or quarters. Not all businesses use the Gregorian year for their fiscal year. Salesforce makes it easy for you to define a custom fiscal year that fits your business needs. For example, as part of a custom fiscal year, you can create a 13-week quarter represented by three periods of 4, 4, and 5 weeks, rather than calendar months. For more information about using custom fiscal years with Salesforce, see Fiscal Years. Customers using Custom Fiscal Years, with or without Customizable Forecasting, can now begin using Collaborative Forecasts.
With regard the Territory Management:
1. I understand my Users will lose record access that’s based on territory assignments.
2. I understand that our organization will no longer have access to territory management data.
3. Record access granted by Territory Rules will still exist after disablement. These rules will need to be deleted via the API.
If you agree to the steps above, please navigate through the following click path to disable Customizable Forecasting:
Setup | Customize | Forecasts (Customizable) | uncheck "Forecast Enabled" | Click the "I understand that this action will delete data." checkbox | Delete Forecast Data