The Process Builder allows you to update child records whenever the parent record is modified. Here's how:
Similar steps can be used to update lookup fields using process builder too.
- Create a new Process.
- Select the Record you would like to update. Example record in account Object.
- Define the Criteria.
- In "Immediate Action," select Update Records.
- Click on the "Object" drop down: Select the Account record that started your process and Select a record related to the Account:
These are radio buttons and only one can be selected and to update child records you need to select send option “Select a record related to the Account”
- In "Find a field," look for the child object name you want to update.
- If child object is a Custom Object the name would contain "__r" at the end.
- Select the Child Object name, and then click Save.
- In "Set new value" section, define the field that you want to update in child records and what value it should contain
- Click Save.