Unable to access a page due to value exceed maximum length or character not allowed
|Knowledge Article Number||000213842|
If you're trying to open a Contact record in Salesforce from the Outlook (SFO) Side panel and get the error message, "The value of the "id" parameter contains a character that is not allowed or the value exceeds the maximum allowed length. Remove the character from the parameter value or reduce the value length and resubmit," here's what you'll need to do to fix the problem.
1. Close Outlook and all Internet Explorer windows.
2. Go to Internet options in the Control Panel.
3. Delete Browsing history from the Security tab.
3. From the Programs tab in Internet Options set Internet Explorer as a Default browser.
4. From the Advanced tab of Interent Options "Reset" Internet Explorer defaults.
5. Click OK out of Internet Options.
6. Launch Internet Explorer and login to Salesforce.
7. Launch Outlook and click on the Contact name from SFO Side panel to check if the Contact record will display in the browser window.