Follow the steps below to create a CSV file and mass import Work.com Only users.
1. Go to Setup | Manage Users | Profiles and click on the Clone link next to the Work.com Only User profile
2. Enter a name for the cloned profile (e.g. Work.com Standard User) and save
3. Copy the profile's Id from the web browser's location bar
4. Fill in the spreadsheet provided in the "How to Insert Users via the Data Loader?" article
Remove the Role and Currency columns
Optional: Add additional fields such as Title, Company, Department, Division, IsActive
For username, selecting the email address will avoid confusion among users when they login to Salesforce.
For the EmailEncodingKey use ISO-8859-1
5. Save the file as CSV
6. Download and install data loader. Please note that Data Loader is a 3rd party app and not an official app by Salesforce
7. Open Data Loader and click on the Insert button
8. Under Salesforce object, select User (User)
9. Choose the saved CSV file and click Next
10. A pop-up window Data Selection will appear, click OK
11. Click on Create or Edit a Map button, a pop-up window Mapping Dialog will appear
12. Click on Auto-Match Fields to Columns button
13. Verify that each field has a corresponding name. If the name field is missing, match it manually
14. Click OK and Next
15. Select a Directory on your computer and click Finish
16. You will see a pop-up warning window “You have chosen to update existing records. The action you are about to take cannot be undone. Are you sure you want to proceed?”, click Yes
If you are importing all Work.com users at the same time, you won’t be able to select a manager as for the manager field the 15 digit profile id is required. Thus, the manager field will need to be updated manually after the users are imported.
Users will not receive activation emails. The Administrator will need to go to Salesforce | Setup | Manage Users | click on Action check box and ”Reset password” button