Work.com: Why do I see Metrics under the Goal Name heading in reports
|Knowledge Article Number||000214824|
|Description||Users may have noticed that when they run a report to view the metric details, the metrics are shown under the Goal name heading.
|Resolution||If you are using the out of the box Goal progress report to view the metrics, then the heading would be Goal Name. As the Goal and Metric are both stored in the same object Goals. The only way to differentiate is by the Filter criteria Goal Type equal Goals to view goals or Goal Type equals Metric, Key Result to view the Metrics.
If you would like to see the metrics under the metric name heading then you would need to create a custom report type. Please follow the steps below to create a custom report type.
1. Navigate to Setup | Build | Create | Report Types
2. Click on 'New Custom Report Type' button
3. Fill the following information:
For Primary Object select 'Goals'
Type Report Type Label (example: Metrics)
Report Type Name will be updated automatically when you click on it
Store the report under the 'Work.com' category
Select 'Deployment Status' = Deployed
4. Click Next
5. Click on save on the next screen
6. On the report type detail page click on the Edit Layout button.
7. On this page double click on Goal Name field and from the pop-up update the field name to 'Metric Name'
8. Note you would not see the change reflected here but when you are using this in a report the heading of the field will be called Metric Name. Click Save
9. Go to Reports tab
10. Click on 'New Report' button
11. Search for the name of the report type that was just created (example: Metrics) and click on it
12. Click on the 'Create' button
13. Set the report type to Summary Format and Drag and Drop the field you would like to see in the report. You would notice that the heading has been changed to Metric Name.
14. Make sure to put in the filter criteria as Goal Type equals Metric, Key Result
15. Save and Run the report