How to Insert Case Teams Members with Data Loader
|Knowledge Article Number||000220803|
|Description||I need to grant users read/write access to selected cases via Case Teams in mass and would like to use the Data Loader to do so.|
|Resolution||To Insert Case Team members using Data Loader:
1. Prepare a file with the following columns:
- Parent ID ( the ID of the Case the team is being added to)
- Team Role ID ( ID of the Team Role created in your org)
- User ID ( ID of the User being added to the Case team)
- CaseAccessLevel (Read, Edit or All)
2. Once the file has been prepared, open the Data Loader and choose to perform an Insert operation to the Case Team Member object, which should be available by selecting the "Show all Salesforce objects" option in the Data Loader.
3. Using the same .csv file, now perform a secondary Insert operation to the Case Share (CaseShare) object, which should be available by selecting the "Show all Salesforce objects" option in the Data Loader.
- Click Browse and select your file: | Open | Next > | Ok
- Select the "Create or Edit a Map" button and choose "Auto-Match Fields to Columns". Verify that the ParentId, TeamRoleID, and UserId are properly mapped and click OK, Next
- Click Browse... to select the directory where the success and error files should be saved, then click "Finish" and when a prompt appears asking you to proceed, click Yes
- Select the Create or Edit a Map button and choose to Auto-match Fields to Columns. Verify that the CaseID, CaseAccessLevel, and User/GroupID are properly mapped.
- Select the directory where the success and error files should be saved, then click "Finish" and when a prompt appears asking you to proceed, click yes
- Once you have Inserted to both the Case Team Member and Case Share objects, you should have the Case Team members present in the related list on the Case object.