Helpful Resource Links for Entitlements:
|Overview Steps || Info |
|Step 1: Determine Entitlement Model||
|Do you need to...?||Entitlement Model|
| ||Entitlement Only|
[No Service Contract]
|Support Product Warranties||✓|| || |
|View Entitlement Details in the App||✓||✓||✓|
|Manage Renewal Process|| ||✓||✓|
|Sell Support Separately|| ||✓||✓|
|Provide Long Term Support|| ||✓||✓|
|Manage Service Contract Details|| || ||✓|
|Track Support Product Line Items|| || ||✓|
| Step 2: Setup & Configure||________________________________________________________|
- Customize > Entitlement Management > Settings > Enable Entitlement Management
- Choose filters
- Add Related Lists to objects (Account, Contact, Asset)
- Customize Cases - Add Entitlement Fields
- Create Custom Fields for Entitlement Page Layouts
- Add Entitlements Tab
- Create custom fields for Service Contracts and Page Layouts
- Display Contract Line Items Related List on Service Contracts
| Step 3a: Automate Milestones ||________________________________________________________|
Milestones (the steps your agents must complete in your support process)
- Time Commitments (your Service Level Agreements - SLAs)
- First Response
- Ensure each Milestone has entry and exit criteria
- For example, "SLA only applies to cases created via your Customer Portal"
- Milestone Action (Time-Dependent Workflow Actions that occur at every milestone)
- Success Action - ex. "Create a task to remind the Case Owner to update their log"
- Warning Action - ex. "Status is updated when SLA is approached"
- Violation Action - ex. "Manager is alerted when there is an escalation"
| Step 3b: Automate Processes||________________________________________________________|
Entitlement Processes (a collection of Milestones that form a response timeline)
- NOTE: Not all entitlements require processes!
STEP 1 - Create Milestones
STEP 2 - Create Processes
- Customize > Entitlement Management > Milestones
- Add Milestone fields and related lists to your Case Page Layouts
STEP 3 - Add Milestones to Entitlement Processes
- Customize > Entitlement Management > Entitlement Processes
STEP 4 - Add Milestone Actions
- Set Time Trigger, Order & Criteria
- Consider actions for Successes, for Warnings and for Violations
- Possible Actions:
- Field update
- Outbound Message
- Existing Action
For additional Service Cloud resources, be sure to review the Service Cloud Journey and join our Success with Service Cloud community.