Why do I receive an Internal Server Error when trying to create a Quote PDF?
|Knowledge Article Number||000228431|
|Description||An internal server error is received when trying to create a Quote PDF:
An error has occurred while processing your request. The salesforce.com support team has been notified of the problem. If you believe you have additional information that may be of help in reproducing or correcting the error, please contact Salesforce Support. Please indicate the URL of the page you were requesting, any error id shown on this page as well as any other related information. We apologize for the inconvenience.Please note that the error Id might change from one case to another. Continue reading below for steps to verify if the issue is the same.
Thank you again for your patience and assistance. And thanks for using salesforce.com!
Error ID: 1762592801-19069 (-1643414212)
|Resolution||Please perform the following steps to isolate the issue and determine that is caused by a Rich Text Area field:
1. Navigate to Setup | Customize | Quotes | Templates
2. Click Edit on the affected Template.
3. Remove, for troubleshooting purposes, all Rich Text Area (RTA) fields.
4. Click the "Save As" button to clone your Template.
Actual Results: Please test by creating a Quote using that Template. You'll notice that it wouldn't produce an error this time.
Now to correct the particular record in question:
1. You'll need to check each Rich Text Area field on the record. We're trying to locate a frame inside the RTA field.
2. Please use the Select All functionality (Ctrl+A in most browsers) within the RTA field.
3. Once highlighted, slowly scroll up / down and look for a box/frame within the field. This is what would be causing the issue. The field value might have been copied from another source and therefore retaining its HTML form.
4. Eliminate this box/frame by copying all values and pasting into notepad or other text-only editor.
5. Then copy the text back to the RTA field.
6. Save it and try to create a Quote PDF using the original template again
The error should not happen. If it happens again there might be another frame in a different Rich Text Area field, so please verify other RTA fields as well if you continue seeing the issues.