Customize report in the personal folder results in the URL No Longer Exists error message
|Knowledge Article Number||000229474|
|Description||A user created a saved a couple of joined reports in "My Personal Custom Reports" folder.
After some time, the user can run the reports but cannot see the customize button on the report list next to those, while he can see the same button next to other reports.
When forcing the customization (adding /e at the end of the report run URL), the user receives the error message:
"URL No Longer Exists
You have attempted to reach a URL that no longer exists on salesforce.com.
You may have reached this page after clicking on a direct link into the application. This direct link might be:
• A bookmark to a particular page, such as a report or view
• A link to a particular page in the Custom Links section of your Home Tab, or a Custom Link
• A link to a particular page in your email templates
If you reached this page through a bookmark, you are probably trying to access something that has moved. Please update your bookmark.
If you reached this page through any of the other direct links listed above, please notify your administrator to update the link.
If you reached this page through a link on our site, please report the broken link directly to our Support Team and we will fix it promptly. Please indicate the page you were on when you clicked the link as well as any other related information. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Thank you again for your patience and assistance. And thanks for using salesforce.com!"
|Resolution||This can be caused by the Accessibility mode feature is turned on.
In order to turn the Accessibility mode off, please:
1. At the top of any Salesforce page, click the down arrow next to your name. From the menu under your name, select Setup or My Settings—whichever one appears.
2. From the left panel, select one of the following:
4. Click Save.
For Further information about the Accessibility mode feature, please review the article Accessibility Mode Overview