Export Subscriber Status in a Marketing Cloud Business Unit that uses the "Subscribers will be unsubscribed from this business unit only" Option
|Knowledge Article Number||000230283|
|Description||Enterprise 2.0 Business Units share an All Subscribers list with the top level account and other business units. For this reason, the following process is the only way to pull subscriber status for a business unit with the "Subscribers will be unsubscribed from this business unit only" option enabled.
First, create a "Mock All Subscriber" list within the Business Unit. This will be used to hold the data that contains subscribers status for that BU. Second, create two Data Extensions, the first is will store the All Subscribers of the Enterprise, the second will be used to store their status. Each of these Data Extensions can have whatever fields that desired for reporting purposes, but they will need at least the following fields: Email Address, Subscriber Key and Status.
1. Query Activity: This will be to export the All Subscribers from the Parent level be ListID from the _ListSubscribers table into a Data Extension. I'd recommend making this an "Overwrite" type so that it is updated entirely every time this is done.
2. Data Extract: This will need to export the data from the Data Extension.
3. File Transfer: This will transfer the file from the Data Extract into the Import Folder of your FTP.
3. Import Activity: This will import this data into the "Mock All Subs" List that is going to mimic that BU's All Subscribers list.
4. Query Activity: In this query you will then pull the subscribers from the "Mock All Subs" List, then import them into a Data Extension. Again, I'd make this an "Overwrite" type.
5. Data Extract: This will export the data from the Data Extension
6. File Transfer: This will transfer the file from the Data Extension into the directory of your choice.
This Automation will need to be created per Business Unit.