Salesforce for Outlook event sync error "Insufficient Privileges: Unable to process the command. User does not match Event owner"
|Knowledge Article Number||000231128|
|Description||Salesforce for Outlook (SFO) users may be experiencing an Event sync error "Insufficient Privileges: Unable to process the command. User does not match Event owner"
Root CauseThe root cause is likely an incorrect field mapping in the Outlook Configuration for the Event object . More specifically, the standard Salesforce Event "Assigned To" field being mapped to standard Outlook field "Organizer".
The problem is that the standard Outlook "Organizer" field option is not an available field under Outlook Field column in Outlook Configuration and is also NOT supported. Check your field mapping to make sure there is no such field mapping, sometimes it is possible that the "Organizer" field was selected as a "custom" Outlook field by the administrator in your Outlook Configuration.
Note that SFO currently does not support all standard Outlook fields. SFO field mappings feature is a work in progress.
|Resolution||In order to resolve the issue, follow below steps:
1. In Salesforce, login as Administrator and navigate to Setup | Desktop Administration | Outlook Configurations
2. Locate the relevant Outlook Configuration
3. Click Edit next to its name
4. Under Data Settings | Events, expand Edit Field Mappings
5. Find the custom field mapping for Salesforce field "Assigned To" on the left columns that is mapped with Outlook field "Organizer" and click on the X on the right to delete it
6. Scroll down and click on Save
7. Log back in Salesforce for Outlook application and sync again