Import blocked when Duplicate Rule equals allow with alert & Prospector Preferences equal not allow
|Knowledge Article Number||000231327|
Data.com Prospector Duplicate Preferences alone prevent duplicates when a Data.com Key is present on a record that exists inside of Salesforce. Data.com Keys are appended to records that were either imported, or cleaned by Data.com.
It's been determined that when Duplicate Rules are activated, and set to 'Allow', but Data.com Prospector Preferences are set to 'Do not allow', an import of a record that meets the Matching Rule criteria will be blocked regardless of a Data.com Key.
This impacts users that have Data.com Prospecting Licenses only
Example causes of blocked import
1. Review an Account inside of Salesforce that does not have a Data.com Key (Ex: Salesforce, State = California)
2. Navigate to Data.com Tab > Find Accounts
3. Search for 'Salesforce' in California
4. Import record
Result: Error that Duplicate was attempting to be created, and the import is blocked
This is currently working as designed, and engineering is aware of the user experience. They're working towards a solution to provide a clear process for users that access these tools.
'Allowing Duplicates' to resolve issue
1. [System Administrator] Navigate to Setup
2. Data.com Administration
3. Prospector Preferences
4. Select check box next to the affected Object to "Allow" Duplicates from Data.com
NOTE: It's still possible for Prospecting Users to prevent Duplicates based on Data.com Key: