- Design your landing pages so they look good and function well across a wide range of platforms and devices.
- Use language and images from the email on the landing page to create a smooth transition from email to landing page.
- Use a landing page that minimizes the number of clicks it takes for a subscriber to convert.
- Don’t make subscribers hunt for the items included in your emails - if you use an item in an email to promote a product category, position that featured item prominently on the landing page.
- Design well-branded landing pages and email administrative pages that offer a clear path forward.
- Don’t remove a landing page without providing an alternative landing page - don’t leave your subscribers with a “404 page not found” error. That frustrates and confuses subscribers - redirect visitors to a current page.