- Sending a welcome email maximizes its effectiveness by continuing the momentum of a signup and engaging the subscriber further.
- Send a welcome series to warm up subscribers - Examples of content to include: a) rich welcome offer b) explain brand’s strengths (standing free shipping), c) benefits of downloading mobile app; d) email reminder that welcome offer is expiring in a few days
- Message new subscribers differently depending on their acquisition source (ex: if signed up via facebook, don’t send them content asking them to “like” your page)
- Include an unsubscribe link in all your emails, prominently. A prominent unsub link can build trust by signaling that you’ll make it easy for them to opt-out.
- Pay special attention to subscribers during their first few weeks on your list, as this is when they are likely to be most responsive.