Exporting Email Templates
|Knowledge Article Number||000231392|
Export Email TemplatesAvailable in: Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience
Available in: Database.com, Developer, Unlimited, Performance, and Enterprise Editions
To Export or Export All records:
|Resolution||You can use the Data Loader's Export function to extract Email Templates from Salesforce.
When you export, you can choose to include (Export All) or exclude (Export) soft-deleted records.
1. Open the Data Loader.
2. Click Export or Export All. These commands can also be found in the File menu.
3. Enter your Salesforce username and password. Click Log in. After your login completes successfully, click Next.
If your organization restricts IP addresses, logins from untrusted IPs are blocked until they’re activated. Salesforce automatically sends you an activation email that you can use to log in. The email contains a security token that you must add to the end of your password.
For example, if your password is mypassword, and your security token is XXXXXXXXXX, you must enter mypasswordXXXXXXXXXX to log in.
4. In Step 2. check "Show all Salesforce object and choose Email Template (EmailTemplate) from the list of objects.
5. Click Browse... to select the CSV file to which the data will be exported. You can enter a new file name to create a new file or choose an existing file. If you select an existing file, the contents of that file are replaced. Click Yes to confirm this action, or click No to choose another file.
6. Click Next.
7. Create a SOQL query for the data export by selecting the fields fields you want to export and optionally, set conditions to filter your data set. If you do not select any conditions, all the Email templates to which you have read access will be returned.
For more information on SOQL, see the Force.com SOQL and SOSL Reference.
8. Click Finish, then click Yes to confirm.
9. A progress information window reports the status of the operation.
10. After the operation completes, a confirmation window summarizes your results. Click View Extraction to view the CSV file, or click OK to close.