Frequently Asked Questions
- What if my Developer Edition org gets locked and I want to regain access?
- If your DE org is locked and you would like to regain access, you may request to have it unlocked by opening a case with Customer Support via the Help & Training portal.
- When you unlock your Developer Edition org, it will have all the same data and configurations that it had before the org was locked.
- If you are a partner and your DE org is locked, log a case in the Partner Community at p.force.com/support.
- If my Developer Edition org gets locked, how long do I have to request to unlock it?
- At this time, we do not have any plans to delete inactive Developer Edition orgs.
- If my Developer Edition org gets locked, can I get a new one to replace the old one?
- Yes, you may obtain a new Developer Edition org at developer.salesforce.com.
- Any usernames previously locked will be unavailable for reuse.
- If my Developer Edition org gets locked, what do I need to do in order to continue using my Success Community profile associated with this particular DE org?
- If you would like to continue to use this DE org, and associated Success Community profiles, simply log in at least once every 6 months.
- Will you lock inactive packaging orgs?
- An inactive DE org will not be locked if the user has created and uploaded a managed package, and that package is installed in another org. In other words, packaging orgs are exempt from this initiative.
- Why are you locking inactive Developer Edition orgs?