Customers may have noticed that Files under the Notes & Attachments related list don't show up on the Account record when a user switches to Lightning Experience, however the same files are available when you switch back to Salesforce Classic.
A typical scenario would look something like this:
- John Test creates an Account Record called "Acme", he adds an attachment called "Attach 1" to this record.
- John Test now creates a Contact Record called "Acme Contact", he adds an attachment called "Attach 2" to this record.
- John Test now creates an Opportunity Records called " Acme Oppty" , he adds an attachment called "Attach 3" to this record.
When John Test clicks on the Notes & Attachments related list on the Account Record in salesforce classic, he see's ALL 3 attachments, namely:
However, when John Test switches to Lightning Experience by clicking on Name | Switch to Lightning Experience, he sees the attachments associated to the Account record i.e., Attach 1 and NOT the Contact & Opportunity record.
Similarly, the same behavior can be observed when converting leads with attachments:
1. Create a Lead
2. Add a attachment to the lead [Newly added attachment shows up under the Notes & Attachments related list in Salesforce Classic]
3. Now convert the lead by creating a new account 'or' Add to an existing account
4. Open the newly created account in Salesforce Classic and you will see the attachment record created in Step 2
5. Switch over to Lightning Experience and navigate to the account, you will not see the attachment under the Notes & Attachment related list.
Note: Upload a File under the Notes & Attachments for a Lead record in Lightning Experience. When a lead is converted, the file will not get transferred to contact/account. The attachment in lightning experience is an action to upload a "File". At the moment, Files don't support the roll-up during lead conversion. Thus, the "Files" are not visible in contact/account.