Accelerator - Service Cloud Console Design
The key goal of this engagement is to discuss, create and configure the Salesforce Console for Service Cloud to be used by your customer service reps so your agents can quickly access key data and case resolution tools.
Typical Questions Addressed Include:
1.) What data can be displayed in the Highlights Panel?
2.) How do I configure it for multiple monitors?
3.) How do I integrate with Knowledge?
4.) How do I integrate Live Agent?
5.) What can the Case Feed and CTI offer me?
6.) What can Macros offer in the Console?
7.) What are the limitations or known issues?
8.) How do I deploy the Salesforce Console?
1.) We will help you identify your top use cases
2.) We will share best practices
3.) Provide Declarative configuration of the Salesforce Console
- Leverage the latest release features
- Reuse existing component (e.g. Console Page Layouts,etc.)
- No code will be created or modified
- No integration with external systems or data will be configured
1.) Service Cloud and Case Management is currently in use
2.) Define a successful outcome
3.) Invite key staff roles to the discussion
- IT (Salesforce Admin)
- Service Team ( Manager, Supervisor, Rep)
4.) Provide access to your Sandbox Org
5.) Deploy Salesforce Console to your users once completed
6.) Provide feedback via survey (Required)
Engagement Process & Timeline
Key Milestones & Approximate Duration
| Milestone||Duration (Minutes)||Estimated|
|1.) Accelerator Overview -|
- Review details and schedule next steps
- Agree on quantifiable success criteria
|2.) Discovery Session Preparation|
- Complete Pre-Discovery Session Worksheet
- Create login ID and grant Sandbox access for Salesforce Specialist
|60||Start +5 |
|3.) Discovery Session with Salesforce Domain Expert|
- Discuss and review your current implementation and usage
- Provide overview of Salesforce Console capabilities
- Review and finalize quantifiable success criteria
|4.) Console Build ( Salesforce domain expert)|
- Specialist configures your Service Cloud Console in your sandbox
|5.) Console Review Calls (as needed)|
- Iterative review with your service & System Admin teams
|6.) Final Console Review|
- Review and demo the new Console
- Tech Hand-Off to IT, Discuss deployment plan and best practices
|30||Start + 15|
|7.) Final Checkpoint ( Survey / Email) |
- Confirm achievement of success criteria
- Complete the engagement survey
|15||Start + 15|
For additional resources check out the Getting Started with Service Cloud Hub