I have a field hidden for some profiles but my users are still able to see it on reports
|Knowledge Article Number||000232772|
|Description||As I system admin I have hidden a field with the field level security for some profiles, but some users are still able to see the field in the reports.|
|Resolution||Please find below the possible causes of the issue:
1) The field is hidden only for the Page layout and not for Field level security. Please be aware that when the field is hidden because of page layout the users can still access the field via reports, search results, list views, and the API (as you can see in the Page Layouts and Field-Level Security article).
In order to verify this, you can access the field in the setup and click on " and you will see a full list of profiles and you might see some "hidden" on the column next to them. While hoovering above the "Hidden" you will be able to see "field is hidden because of page layout" or "field is hidden because of Field Level Security". When the field is hidden because of page layout, the users with the corresponding profile will be able to see the field via report.
In order to correct this, please click on the "hidden" for the correspondent profile and uncheck the "visible" checkbox.
2) The field you are seeing in reality is another field that has been renamed.
- If the report has been created using a custom report type, the field might have been renamed via "edit layout" section. For further information, please review the article Design the Field Layout for Reports Created From Your Custom Report Type
- If you are using the translation workbench, please check if there is any translation for the user's language on a field in the same object. For further information, please review the article Entering Translated Terms
- If you have any managed package, please make sure you also check if any field has been overridden. For further information please review the article Enter Overrides to Translations in Managed Packages
3) The user has the FLS overridden by a permission set. For further information, please review the article Set Field Permissions in Permission Sets and Profiles