SMS Send Log Fields
This new template will include the below fields automatically, but unique fields for your use case can be added to the SMS Send Log Data Extension.
What happens to my data if I don't use this template?
If your account is already utilizing the standard Send Log template anywhere, all SMS send data is currently being recorded there, and will continue to do so until a Send Long Data Extension is created that utilizes this new template. Creating a new SMS Send Log is not a requirement, but is an option for any accounts that wish to separate their send data from Email Sends vs SMS Sends.
Create a new Send Log
Creating a new SMS Send Log Data Extension using these steps:
1. Click the Subscribers tab.
2. Click Data Extensions.
3. Click the Create From Template button.
4. Select the checkbox next to the "SMSSendLog" template.
5. Click the Select button at the top of the screen.
6. Enter the name, external key and description you wish to assign to this Data Extension.
7. Leave the checkbox next to Used for Sending unchecked.
8. Create additional fields for list Attributes or Data Extension fields you would like to record in the Send Logging Data Extension.
9. Click Save to save the Data Extension.