Customize object results returned via search in Napili community template
|Knowledge Article Number||000239789|
|Description||By default, community templates outside of the Salesforce Tabs + Visualforce typically have a limited search scope as outlined in the Search Behavior in Communities documentation.
|Resolution||Napili template search results are limited to articles and discussions by default. However, it is possible to add other objects to search results via the following steps:
1. Open Community Builder. See Navigate Community Builder for more details.
2. Open the "Search" page as outlined in the Edit Community Pages and Components in Community Builder documentation.
3. In the Search page's screen select and remove (delete) the "Search Results" component on the page and replace it with the available "Global Search Results" component in the LIGHTNING COMPONENTS menu.
4. After adding the Global Search Results component click on it (if it's not already selected) and the PROPERTY EDITOR pane should open on the right hand side of the page.
5. Click the Add button to add a search results tab and click it the newly added tab to then select the object. Optionally, you can drag and drop to change the order of available tabs/objects in the Global Search Results component.
For a list of available objects see the Objects Supported in the Napili Template documentation.
Compare Features Available in the Community Templates