End of Support for Word Add-In from Connect for Office and Standard Mail Merge in March 2017
|Knowledge Article Number||000240050|
1. What is the change and when is it planned to happen?
* Currently targeted for March 4, 2017 at 9:30 a.m. PST (17:30 UTC); date subject to change.
2. What will happen after the End of Support date?
Upon the disablement of TLS 1.0 for all orgs by March 2017, the ability to create Microsoft Word merge templates with Word Add-In from Connect for Office and generate mail merge documents in Microsoft Word with Standard Mail Merge will no longer be supported.
As such, this may result in the following, where Connect for Office is running on Microsoft Windows Vista:
3. What is the replacement and what are the key differences between the legacy product and the replacement?
Word Add-In from Connect for Office:
Customers have two options:
Standard Mail Merge:
Customers are encouraged to transition to Extended Mail Merge, which provides the following differences and benefits over Standard Mail Merge:
See the Extended Mail Merge Features article for more details.
NOTE: You must open a case with Support to be able to switch to Extended Mail Merge in your Salesforce org. Once the feature is enabled, you can activate Extended Mail Merge from Setup | Customize | User Interface: "Activate Extended Mail Merge" and check the box.
5. How do I identifying which users are using Word Add-In from Connect for Office?
To identify users of Word Add-In from Connect for Office, Salesforce admins can access the Login History page in Setup, export results, and filter them by Application.
6. Why are we retiring these products?
Word Add-In from Connect for Office and Standard Mail Merge are only supported on Microsoft Windows Vista, which cannot be configured to support TLS 1.1 or higher. As such, the disablement of TLS 1.0 by Salesforce in March 2017 will lead to the end of support for Word Add-In from Connect for Office and Standard Mail Merge.
7. Where can I get more information?
Join the discussion in the Productivity Success Community group.
For additional questions, open a case with Support via the Help & Training portal.