End of Support for Excel Add-In from Connect for Office in March 2017
|Knowledge Article Number||000240053|
1. What is the change and when is it planned to happen?
* Currently targeted for March 4, 2017 at 9:30 AM PST (17:30 UTC); date and time subject to change.
2. What will happen after the End of Support date?
Where Connect for Office is running on Windows Vista, Salesforce’s disablement of TLS 1.0 in March 2017 may result in Excel failing to establish a login connection to Salesforce, and the inability for users to pull and sync data from Salesforce into new or existing Excel files.
3. What is the replacement and what are the key differences between the legacy product and the replacement?
Customers are encouraged to transition to one of the alternatives:
4. What action do customers need to take?
Customers using Excel Add-In from Connect for Office on Microsoft Windows Vista will need to identify and transition their users to one of the alternatives prior to March 2017 to minimize the disruption to the use of this functionality.
Failure to do so will result in the inability for users to establish a login connection to Salesforce from Excel and the related functionality from the Excel Add-In.
5. How do I identify which users are using Excel Add-In from Connect for Office?
To identify users of Excel Add-In from Connect for Office, Salesforce admins can access the Login History page in Setup, export results and filter them by Application.
6. How can users identify if they are using Excel Add-In from Connect for Office?
This feature is the Excel plug-in downloaded from the user’s personal settings in Salesforce (Click your name > My Settings or Settings. From Quick Find, search for "Connect for Office.”)
7. Why are we retiring these products?
Connect for Office is only supported on Microsoft Windows Vista, which does not support TLS 1.1 or higher. As such, the disablement of TLS 1.0 by Salesforce in March 2017 will lead to the end of support for Excel Add-In from Connect for Office functionality.
8. Where can I get more information?
Join the discussion in the Productivity Success Community group.
For additional questions, open a case with Support via the Help & Training portal.