Custom Lightning Component Tab does not display
|Knowledge Article Number||000240132|
|Description||I have added a Custom Lightning Component Tab using Lightning App Builder and saved the page but when I go to test it the Custom Lightning Tab does not display. When I check the page via the Edit Page link the Custom Lightning Tab is not listed.
Steps to replicate:
1. In Lightning select a record.
2. Click on the Setup Icon and select Edit Page.
3. On the left hand side under Lightning Components click Tabs.
4. On the right hand side in the Page > Tabs section click Add Tab and select Custom.
5. Give your Tab a name and click Done.
6. Save the changes and Activate if this is the first time you are editing the page.
7. Click Back.
8. Notice that the Custom Lightning Component Tab does not display.
|Resolution||This is expected as Lightning Component Tabs that do not have Lightning Components added to them are not saved. This can be confirmed by going to the Edit Page section and seeing that your changes are not on the page. To correct this add Lightning Components to the Tab.
Steps to resolve:
1. Follow steps 1-5 in the Steps to replicate section.
2. In the Custom Lightning Component Tab section click on the name of your tab and notice the Add Component(s) Here section.
3. On the left hand side in the Lightning Components section click on the component you want to add and use the drag and drop interface to add the component to the Add Components Here section.
4. Save your changes and click Back.
5. Notice that your Custom Lightning Component Tab now displays.
Customize Tabs on Lightning Experience Record Pages Using the Lightning App Builder
Configure Lightning Experience Record Pages Using the Lightning App Builder