"Unknown Label:loggedOut" or You've been logged out of Salesforce due to security settings
|Knowledge Article Number||000240205|
If you're getting logged out of Salesforce for Outlook (SFO) after a while, or in some cases immediately after you install and configure the wizard, we'll cover what you need to do to fix the issue.
|Resolution||The cause of this is having the option "Immediately expire refresh token." To prevent this from happening on a regular basis, you'll need to change your settings for your Orgs Refresh Token Policy.
Update Refresh Token PolicyThe steps outlined need to be followed by your organization's admin.
1. Login to your Salesforce org.
2. Click Setup.
3. Using the Quick Find / Search search for Connected Apps.
4. Under Manage Apps, click Connected Apps.
5. On the "Connected Apps" page, locate "Salesforce for Outlook" and click on Edit.
6. Under "Oauth Polices," click the radio button for Refresh token is valid until revoked next to "Refresh Token Policy."
7. Click Save.
8. Exit and restart the SFO app from the system tray.
Identify the problem
You get the error message, "You've been logged out of Salesforce based on your organization's security settings. Click this message to log in again."
Or, you see <<Unknown Label:loginButton>> message in your Side Panel.
You can also identify the problem by reviewing the AddinTrace and Trace log files and they show the following:
2015-04-24 15:17:11,290 [13152 ] ERROR sfdcsession LogOn failed with exception - token validity expired
2015-04-24 15:18:50,362 [4816 ] DEBUG adxsidepanel NavigateTo : url= file:///C:/Users/xxxx/AppData/Roaming/salesforce.com/Salesforce for Outlook/sidepanelcontainer.htm%3FloggedOutLabel=<<Unknown Label:loggedOut>>&loggedOutDetailLabel=<<Unknown Label:oauthPolicy>>&buttonLabel=<<Unknown Label:loginButton>>