Users is getting Error message when trying to access the Source Report from a Dashboard Component
|Knowledge Article Number||000240362|
|Description||When a Non-Admin user select the Dashboard Component to access the Source Report, they will get an error:
"The value of a parameter contains a character that is not allowed or the value exceeds the maximum allowed length. Remove the character from the parameter value or reduce the value length and resubmit. If the error still persists, report it to our Customer Support team. Provide the URL of the page you were requesting as well as any other related information."
However, when the user access the same report from the Reports tab, there will be no error message.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Login as a Non-Admin user
2. Access a Dashboard.
3. Click on a Component from the Dashboard and user will get the error message
4. Click the reports tab and access the same report, the user will not get the error message.
|Resolution||This Error occurs because one of the Dashboard Component Filter's field that is not visible on the user profile in the Field level security settings.
To resolve the issue:
Click Setup | Customize | Object
1. Click on Field
2. Select Field Level Security
3. Make the field visible on the affected user's Profile.
4. Click Save.