Enable Lightning Voice in the Utility Bar
|Knowledge Article Number||000240752|
|Description||In the Winter ’17 release, Salesforce is delivering an improved navigation model in Lightning Experience. This change also includes the utility bar, a horizontal bar at the bottom of the page where users can access commonly used tools.
|Resolution||Lightning Voice is available only through the utility bar beginning with the Winter ’17 release, so there’s an additional task required to implement the feature. To continue using Lightning Voice, admins need to use the App Manager to make the feature available from the utility bar.
1. From Setup, enter App Manager in the Quick Find box, then select App Manager.
2. Edit an existing Lightning app or click New Lightning App. You can also upgrade a custom Classic app to a Lightning app.
3. On the App Options tab, select Lightning Voice.
4. On the Assign to User Profiles tab, make the app available to relevant user profiles.
5. Verify the other app details, including the app name, branding information, and available menu items.
6. Save your changes.
To verify your changes, click the App Launcher and select the app that has Lightning Voice enabled.
Make sure to notify your users about the app they need to use to access Lightning Voice moving forward, especially if it’s not available in their most commonly used app.
For more information about the App Manager, see Meet the Lightning Experience App Manager.