Starting in Winter '17, Salesforce will be changing the Navigation Menu. We'll move from the vertical icon menu on the left-hand side of the screen, to the more familiar horizontal menu across the tops of screen with names of objects and apps rather than icons. Read our documentation about the navigation menu changes.
Navigation menu changes
- Approximately two weeks before an org moves to Winter '17, we'll change all Navigation Menu names in orgs to "Lightning".
- For example, this means if you have three custom Navigation Menus already, titled, "One" "Two" and "Three" - all of these names will be automatically changed to "Lightning"
- The "Developer Name" of the menu won't change, so it shouldn't be difficult to recognize existing menus and change the names as needed once upgraded to Winter '17.
Change Object and App names in navigation menu
1. Click the Setup
2. In the "Quick Find" field, enter Navigation Menus
. (Summer '16) App Manager
3. Click the drop down arrow icon of the menu item you need to rename.
4. Click Edit
5. Enter the object or app's new name.
6. Click Next
7. Enter a description.
8. Click Save