How to use default Lead Source Picklist values while creating a New Opportunity from Contact object?
|Knowledge Article Number||000240876|
|Description||When the user selects the Contact under the Account record and creates a new Opportunity, the Lead Source picklist field will auto populate with the same value which mirrors the Contact Lead sSource instead of selecting default Lead Source value.
1. Click on a Contact record.
2. Go to the Opportunities Related List
3. Click on New Opportunity
4. It'll show the Lead Source for Opportunity same as the Contact Lead Source.
|Resolution||If you have to overcome this behavior then below are the workarounds.
1. Create the Opportunity from another location (e.g. from the Account, directly using the Opportunity tab, etc)
2. Create a Custom Button to create a new Opportunity as desired, and replace the Standard Button on the Contact Layout(s) with that custom button.
3. Ensure that the Contact: Lead Source field is blank so there is no value to pre populate into the Opportunity Lead Source.
What are the default picklist values in Salesforce?
Add/create a new Lead Source
Map Lead Source field on Lead object to Account Source field on Account object during lead conversion