|We're updating the certificates of "www.salesforce.com." The purpose of this certificate change is to make our new https://www.salesforce.com/einstein and https://www.salesforce.com/quotable/ more secure.
Timeline of certificate update
- AP instances - Thursday, September 22 from 10:00-10:30am PT (Thursday, Sept 22, 5:00pm-5:30pm UTC).
- All other instances (EU and NA) - Thursday, September 22 from 7:00-10:00pm PT (Friday, Sept 23, 2:00am-5:00am UTC).
The longer maintenance window is required as it spans 4 data centers.
Details of certificate change
- There will be no downtime for customers not required to manually update certificates.
- Some applications and middleware products require manual installation of the new certificates, so the downtime for those will be as long as the corresponding certificate update takes to complete on the customer side.You need to manually update the certificates at your middleware end.
- If the software/middleware that you use can trust multiple certificates (which most integration software out there does), then you can add these certs as soon as you'd like.
- Salesforce cannot make both the old and new certificates active at the same time.
The new certificate is attached below to the article.
Additional Related Links:
Certificates and Keys
Updating Hard-Coded References