Retiring the Legacy Work.com Application
Knowledge Article Number: 000199040
On July 10, 2015*, we will retire and end support for the legacy Work.com application. This means that after July 10, 2015*, users of the legacy Work.com application will no longer be able to access the product, and the screen will display a message stating that the application is no longer available. We encourage you to begin using the new version of Work.com on Salesforce.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is changing and when?
a. On July 10, 2015*, we’ll be retiring and ending support for the legacy Work.com application. We encourage you to begin using the new version of Work.com on Salesforce, giving you access to enhanced features and functionality. Per our Feature Retirement policy, we are giving you at least 12 months notice to allow you time to make the transition.
*Current target; date subject to change
2. How do I begin using the new Version of Work.com on Salesforce?
a. Contact us at Support@work.com at your earliest convenience and we’ll be happy to assist you with the process.
3. Can I get an overview of Work.com on Salesforce?
a. For a preview of Work.com on Salesforce, you can watch the Salesforce Work.com Overview and Demo video.
4. What new features are included in Work.com on Salesforce?
a. Based on customer feedback, we’ve made a number of enhancements to the new version of Work.com on Salesforce. Some of the new features include:
- Reports: Customizable reporting and dashboards
- APIs: Rich APIs for all data objects in Work.com on Salesforce
- Chatter: Full featured and customizable feed for cross-company collaboration
- Goals: Metric progress automatically driven from data in Salesforce.com
- Calibration: Ability to add fields to calibration reports and enhanced filtering
5. How can I find out more about Work.com on Salesforce?
a. The following resources are key to helping you get started:
Admin Guide for System Administrators - to help you set up and manage Work.com on Salesforce
Work.com on Salesforce Business Decision Checklist - to help you plan your launch strategy
Work.com success site: http://Work.com/success - to help you be successful
b. We have more resources available for you on our Work.com Customer Community Chatter Group and in our Help & Training section.
6. Will my current pricing change when I begin using Work.com on Salesforce?
a. Your current pricing will not change, and you will gain access to a broader set of features and capabilities with Work.com on Salesforce. If you would like more information on pricing, please refer to the following link for Work.com on Salesforce Packaging and Pricing information.
b. All organizations who begin using Work.com on Salesforce need to sign a replacement order form. This order form won’t change your current pricing or plans. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to get the replacement order form process started.
c. If you do not have an existing Salesforce Org set up, you will need to purchase one full CRM license in addition to your Work.com feature license, for your administrator of Work.com on Salesforce.
7. What exactly will happen after the legacy Work.com retirement date passes?
a. After July 10, 2015*, users of the legacy Work.com application will no longer be able to access the product, and the screen will display a message stating that the application is no longer available.
8. Will I be able to access my data after the retirement date?
a. Prior to July 10, 2015*, you may request an export of your data from the legacy Work.com application for your records. The data will be a .csv file export that will be emailed to you and exports will only be provided once.
Note: You must request your data export within 30 days of the end of your final contract date.
b. After July 10, 2015*, your data will only be available in the .csv file export you requested and not from within the legacy Work.com application, as long as you have requested your data by the deadline noted above.
*Current target; date subject to change
9. How can I find additional information?
a. If you have any further questions, please email Support at Support@work.com.