As an Organization Sync administrator, you can create custom report types for the Organization Sync Log to stay informed about syncing failures.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Organization Sync is available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
When you create a custom report type, the Org Sync Log object can serve as the primary object or as the secondary object to any object supported in Organization Sync (for example, Accounts or Contacts). Here are some ways that you can use reporting to monitor the health of your Organization Sync environment:
- Create a custom report on the Org Sync Log object that shows all log entries from a particular date range.
- Create a custom report on the Case object that shows all log entries for records related to a case in the last month.
- Create a dashboard with reports that show:
- The number of log entries in the past 24 hours
- The number of log entries by field type
Because the log displays outgoing syncing events, the same report will show different results depending on which organization you’re working in.
Robert, a Salesforce administrator, wants to create a custom report type that shows all log entries for records related to an account in the last week:
- He creates a custom report type called Org Sync Log Account Entries and saves it in the Other Reports folder.
- He sets Account as the top-level object in the report type and Org Sync Log as the child object, using the Each "A" record must have at least one related "B" record relationship.
- Under Fields Available for Reports, he selects fields to add to the report type.
- He creates a report using his new custom report type, and selects Last week as the range.