The Setup Search Results page displays various types of items in Setup that match your search terms, including approval items, custom objects and fields, custom profiles, permission sets, workflow items, users, and so on.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: Professional, Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
Advanced Setup Search is in beta. It is production quality but has known limitations.
In the Setup Search Results page:
- The left pane shows each category with the number of results in parentheses.
- Click any category to see only that category’s results.
- If you’ve filtered your results by category, click All Results to show all search results.
- Click a result name to open it or click Edit.
- Use the search box at the top of the page to search Setup again.
Search terms that match a user’s name or community nickname (the Nickname
field in the user detail page) return results that show the user’s name only. If the nickname doesn’t match the username, the result might not be obvious. For example, if a user who’s named Margaret Smith has the nickname Peggy, a search for peg
returns Margaret Smith.
When viewing setup search results, bookmark the results page in your Web browser to easily perform the same search in the future. For example, if you often search for “smit”, you can bookmark the results page to perform the same search again. The URL for this bookmark would be something like https://MyCompany.salesforce.com/ui/setup/SetupSearchResultsPage?setupSearch=smit