Connect to any data anywhere for a complete view of your business.
Use the Apex Connector Framework to develop a custom adapter for Salesforce Connect.
|Available in: both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Available in: Developer Edition|
Available for an extra cost in: Enterprise, Performance, and Unlimited Editions
Your users and the Force.com platform interact with the external data via external objects.
For each of those interactions, Salesforce Connect invokes methods in the Apex classes that compose the custom adapter.
Salesforce invokes the custom adapter’s Apex code each time that:
- A user clicks an external object tab for a list view.
- A user views a record detail page of an external object.
- A user views a record detail page of a parent object that displays a related list of child external object records.
- A user performs a Salesforce global search.
- A user creates, edits, or deletes an external object record. (This doesn’t apply to the cross-org adapter.)
- A user runs a report.
- The preview loads in the report builder.
- An external object is queried via flows, APIs, Apex, SOQL, or SOSL.
- You validate or sync an external data source.
For details on using the Apex Connector Framework, see “Salesforce Connect” and “DataSource Namespace” in the Force.com
Apex Code Developer’s Guide.