Before you enable Approvals in Chatter, understand how it works.
|Available in: both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
- When Approvals in Chatter is enabled in your org, it is turned on for all users. Users can then update their own Chatter settings to opt out of receiving approval requests as posts in their Chatter feeds.
- Chatter post approval notifications are available only for approval processes associated with an object that has been enabled for feed tracking.
- If the approval object is a detail object in a master-detail relationship, Owner isn’t available for approval page layouts or approval post templates.
- Approvals in Chatter doesn't support delegated approvers or queues.
- You can’t recall or reassign an approval request from a post. Instead, perform these actions from the approval record.
- Approval requests from Sites or portal users aren’t supported.
- Approval Posts
- Approval posts can't be deleted in the Salesforce user interface; you can only delete them through the API.
- If you don’t select an approval post template, the approval post for the object uses either the system default template or the default template for the object if you created one.
- Only users with access to the approval record can see the approval request post. Comments on approval posts aren’t persisted to the approval record.
- Different users see different configurations of the approval request post.
- Only approvers see approval action buttons on their posts, and then only in their profile feed or their news feed.
- Only approvers see approver names in the header.
- If you change the approver, step name, or the routing type on an approval process while it’s in progress, existing approval posts aren’t updated.
- When an approval request is recalled, a new post is generated. It appears on the news feeds of the submitter, all approvers, and followers of the object. It also appears on the record feed.
- If a step requires unanimous approval from multiple approvers, the approval request post for that step doesn’t list all selected approvers in its header. Approvers see only their own name in the post header.