To make it easier for you to get started with a simple approval process, the jump start wizard automatically chooses some default options for you.
|Available in: both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
After creating an approval process using the jump start wizard, you can modify these default options and add more steps from the approval process detail page. Exception: you can’t modify the Record Lock action on the Initial Submission Actions list.
- To edit records awaiting approval in the approval process, users must have the “Modify All” permission for the given object or the “Modify All Data” permission.
- The page layout for the approval request includes the record name (or number), owner, date created, and approval history.
- The security settings require approvers to log in to Salesforce to view the approval page.
- Only the owner of the record can submit the record for approval.
- Records are locked when submitted for approval.
- Records remain locked until approved or rejected.
- Rejected records are unlocked.
- Only admins can recall a record after it’s submitted.
- There are no auto-approve or auto-reject actions.
- No email notification is sent upon approval or rejection.
- No field values are automatically updated during the approval process.
- An approver cannot automatically delegate another user to approve the approval requests.
- The Allow submitters to recall approval requests option is not selected.