Keep these limitations and dependencies in mind when working with post templates.
|Available in: both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
- The associated object must be enabled for approvals and feed tracking.
- You can't delete an approval post template if it's in use by an approval process.
- Deleting a custom field removes it from any approval post template that references it. Existing posts aren't affected. Undeleting the custom field restores it to the available fields list, but doesn't restore it to any approval post templates that previously contained it.
- Deleting (or undeleting) a custom object also deletes (or undeletes) its associated approval post templates and any of its approval request posts that are already in Chatter feeds.
- If you rename a custom object, approval post templates associated with it update accordingly.