Learn the tips you need to be a fast, productive Salesforce user on day one.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: All Editions|
New users should keep these tips in mind:
- When you click on an object to find your data, you won’t see a full list of your existing records—Salesforce keeps those tucked out of view until you manually recall them, in case you want to choose a subset of the full list. Choose an option within View, and click Go!
- Related lists are links featured at the bottom of object pages. Related lists provide quick access to other related objects that you might want to visit next. This feature adds a lot of value, because it gives you fast access to information you likely need next. It means less navigation and can speed up your workflow. Salesforce delivers the application with some standard related lists, but administrators can also customize some related list items.
- If you read or hear about a feature that you don’t see in your own interface, don’t worry. Your administrator can customize it to meet your organization’s needs. If your administrator hasn’t enabled help for the customization, contact them.
- Our help and training materials might mention a feature that your company hasn’t enabled, or that your permissions profile doesn’t allow you to see. If you believe this feature should be in your interface, or might help you in your job, contact the Salesforce administrator at your company. Not sure who that is? Reach out to the person at your company who introduced you to Salesforce.
- Save your work! It’s easy to spend a lot of time updating the fields in a record and then to navigate away from that screen without saving. Make a habit of seeking out the save button before clicking away through another page element.