Consider the following limitations before you decide to convert a dashboard to the Wave dashboard designer.
- When you convert a dashboard created in the classic designer to the Wave dashboard designer,
- The YouTube and Box widgets are removed from the dashboard. If needed, you can use a Container widget to replace the Box widget.
- The following chart types are converted to a bar chart because the Wave dashboard designer doesn’t support them: Calendar Heat Map, Parallel Coordinates, Horizontal Dot Plot, and Vertical Dot Plot, Matrix.
- Mobiles layouts aren’t carried over. You must re-create the mobile layout in the Wave dashboard designer.
- Bindings are converted to the new syntax required by the Wave dashboard designer. Most bindings convert successfully. If a binding doesn’t, the dashboard doesn’t render. If this happens, contact Salesforce Customer Support.
- The Wave dashboard designer uses a grid, which limits the number of widgets that you can add across a dashboard. Although, you can configure the grid to add more columns. The length of the dashboard is not restricted.
- No widgets in the Wave dashboard designer can overlap, except for a widget inside a container widget. If you open an existing dashboard in the Wave dashboard designer, the widgets can shift, which you can easily fix using the snap-to-grid feature.