Use a recipe to combine data from multiple datasets or replicated objects, choose fields, transform field values, and output the results to a new target dataset.
Before you get started, it’s a good idea to think about the requirements for the target dataset you want to create. Consider these questions:
- Does the data you want to work with exist in a dataset or as a replicated object?
- If you are combining data, how is the data related?
- What fields do you want in the target dataset?
- Do you need to transform any field values?
- In what app are you going to create the target dataset?
- Do you need to control access to the data in the target dataset?
When you’re ready, follow these steps to create a dataset with a recipe.