Feed view page layouts determine which actions, fields, and tools users see when they’re working with cases in Case Feed. You can create different layouts and assign them to different user profiles. For example, you might have one layout for agents and another for supervisors.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
|To create and edit page layouts:||“Customize Application”|
|To assign page layouts:||“Manage Users”|
Before creating a new feed view page layout, you need to create a new case detail page layout.
- From the object management settings for cases, go to Page Layouts.
- How you access the Case Feed Settings page depends on what kind of page layout you’re working with.
If you’ve already opted to use the advanced page layout editor to configure the publisher for a layout, choose Edit detail view to add, change, or remove actions.
- For a layout in the Case Page Layouts section, click Edit, and then click Feed View in the page layout editor.
- For a layout in the Page Layouts for Case Feed Users section, click and choose Edit feed view. (This section appears only for organizations created before Spring ’14.)
- Choose the tools, components, and options for your feed view page.
- Click Save.
Once you’ve created or edited feed view page layouts, assign them to profiles.