Configure the Case Feed Publisher with the Enhanced Page Layout Editor | Salesforce
If your organization uses the actions in the publisher feature, you can use the enhanced page layout editor to choose the actions that appear in the Case Feed publisher.
|Available in: Salesforce Classic|
|Available in: Enterprise, Performance, Unlimited, and Developer Editions|
|To configure the Case Feed publisher:||“Customize Application”|
This option is selected by default for new Salesforce organizations that use Case Feed, and for organizations that enable Case Feed after the Summer ’13 release.
- From the object management settings for cases, go to Page Layouts.
- How you access the Case Feed Settings page depends on what kind of page layout you’re working with.
- For a layout in the Case Page Layouts section, click Edit, and then click Feed View in the page layout editor.
- For a layout in the Page Layouts for Case Feed Users section, click and choose Edit feed view. (This section appears only for organizations created before Spring ’14.)
- Select Use Page Layout Editor to Configure Actions.
- Click Save.
- To access the page layout editor:
- For a layout in the Case Page Layouts section, click Edit.
- For a layout in the Page Layouts for Case Feed Users section, click and choose Edit detail view. (This section appears only for organizations created before Spring ’14.)
- In the page layout editor, click in the Quick Actions in the Salesforce Classic Publisher section.
- In the palette, click Quick Actions.
- Drag the actions you want to the Quick Actions in the Salesforce Classic Publisher section. You can also drag actions to change the order in which they appear and drag off actions you don’t want.
On the Case Feed page, up to approximately five or six actions are displayed in the publisher; the rest are included in the More drop-down list.
- Click Save.
If you’ve previously used the Case Feed Settings page to configure the publisher, you see these differences when you switch to the enhanced page layout editor:
- The actions list appears at the top of the publisher. You can no longer position the actions list to the left of the publisher.
- The Answer Customer action has been divided into its two component actions: Email and Portal.
- The actions list looks more like the Chatter publisher on other pages.
- The standard Chatter actions—Post, File, Link, Poll, Question, and Thanks—automatically appear in the publisher layout, and they replace the Write Case Note action. You can change the sequence of these actions and remove any you don’t need.
- The Feed View/Details drop-down list replaces the View Case Detail action.
- Custom actions you previously added to the Case Feed publisher aren’t available. Create new custom actions and add them to the publisher. These new actions must use publisher.js rather than interaction.js.
- The Case Detail page expands to full width, making it easier to see all of your related lists and other information.