|Available in: both Salesforce Classic and Lightning Experience|
|Available in: Group, Enterprise, Professional, Performance, Unlimited, Contact Manager, and Developer Editions|
Watch a Demo: Search in Salesforce Classic
Search results for Chatter feeds display posts and comments that include your search terms.
Chatter feed searches aren’t affected by your search scope; Chatter feed search results include matches across all objects.
Changes to record fields aren't included in search results. For example, if you've enabled feed tracking on the Billing Address
field for the Acme account and modified the Acme billing address, search results for Acme
include Acme — Suzanne Powell Looking for volunteers to help with the Acme account
, but don't include Acme — Suzanne Powell changed Billing Street to 10 Main Road.
- Sort your search results by posts only or by posts and comments, just as in feeds.
- Add, edit, or delete topics on posts in the search results, just as in feeds.
- Follow, share, download, preview, and upload new versions of files in the search results, just as in feeds.
- View the detail pages for Chatter files, groups, topics, and people by clicking the respective name in the update.
- View a single feed update by clicking the timestamp below the update, for example, Yesterday at 12:57 AM.
- Click Add to Favorites to save a Chatter feed search to your favorites on the Chatter tab.
To view search results for records, such as accounts, contacts as well as Chatter people, groups, topics, and files, click Records
at the top left of the page.
For a more focused search of the feeds in a specific group, profile, record, or other Chatter feed, use feed search